Body Mass Index (BMI) is one method our hospital-based program uses to see if you are at risk for morbid obesity-related medical conditions. These calculations will also help to determine if you are eligible for bariatric surgery. Please take a moment to fill out your height, weight and gender to see where you fall on our BMI chart. If your BMI qualifies you for surgery, contact our office to register for a seminar or consultation.
Deciding who makes a good candidate for bariatric surgery is a highly individualized process, but generally speaking, such patients are:
* Morbidly Obese (BMI of greater than 40)
* Severely Obese (BMI of 35 or greater) with severe weight-related co-morbid conditions.
* Affected by obesity-related health conditions such as hypertension, type II diabetes (adult onset), sleep apnea, high cholesterol/lipids, polycystic ovary syndrome, respiratory compromise, and cardiac disease.
* Can show dietary attempts at weight control have been ineffective.
* Free from circumstances that would make bariatric surgery prohibitive.
In addition, patients should be committed to long-term follow up, compliance with nutritional supplements, periodic blood work, and support.
You are about to embark on one of the most important health-related decisions in your life — one that should greatly improve your quality of life and well-being!
or call us toll free at: 1.800.426.4285 for information about taking the next step or to register for an informational seminar of your choice.